For the continuous filtration of liquid, steam and gas media the y-type strainer with socket weld ends can be used in manifold manners. The y-type strainer is installed stably to the pipe thanks to the socket weld ends. Therefore those strainers are the perfect solution for critical media. The compact construction, the easy and quick cleaning as well as the stable connection to the pipe make the socket weld y-type strainer to a strainer for a great variety of applications.
Between the opposite socket weld ends the housing is situated and therein the cylindrical basket is located. The medium flows from inside to outside so that the particals are collected inside the basket according to the filter fineness. For cleaning or exchanging the basket the y-type strainer can be depressurized by dint of the drain plug. After removing the strainer cover the basket can be taken out for cleaning.
Both horizontal and vertical installation is possible for the y-type strainer with socket weld ends without any effect on performance.
y-strainer can be installed both in the horizontal and vertical positions without any effect on performance.
- reasonable strainer
- very stable connection to the pipe system
- standard types available from stock
- permanent filtration of the medium
- suitable for mounting in horizontal and vertical pipelines
- no disassemble of the filter housing for cleaning is necessary
- simple handling / basket cleansing
- reusable elements
- contamination level indicator (optional)