The y-type strainer in stainless steel can be used especially for deionized or demineralised wateralkaline, boiler feed water, acid or alcaline medium and is the most common and economical type of strainer for permanent applications, suitable for liquid, steam and gas mediums. The quick and easy cleaning makes it very attractive. Additionally the large filtration area, which provides a high filtration capacity, a low pressure loss and therefore longer operation time are big advantages.
Between the flanges the housing in stainless steel with the basket is located. The sieve is made of a perforated hole plate and optionally covered with an additional mesh. This way the strainless steel strainer can be optimized to the needs of the application. Through the venting and draining device the strainer can be depressurized. After removing the cover the complete basket strainer could be easily removed off the filter housing. Now the strainer can be cleaned or exchanged. The y-strainer in stainless steel can be installed both in the horizontal and vertical positions without any effect on the performance.
- reasonable strainer
- standard types available from stock
- larger filtration area
- lower pressure loss
- longer intervals until next cleaning
- permanent filtration of the medium
- suitable for mounting in horizontal and vertical pipelines
- no disassemble of the filter housing for cleaning is necessary
- simple handling / basket cleansing
- reusable elements
- contamination level indicator (optional)