In general y-type strainers are frequently used since they are economically attractive for permanent filtration of liquid, steam or gas media. Thanks to the thread the installation in the pipe is very easy to do. The low weight and compact construction as well as the simple and quick cleaning make the screwed y-type strainer to a multi-purpose pipeline strainer.
The screwed Y-Type Strainer consists of a housing with opposite threads, which will be connected to the pipe. The cylindrical basket is located inside of the housing. The medium flows from inside to outside so that the particles are filtered according to the mesh width and contamination is collected in the strainer basket. The basket is available in different mesh sizes so that the strainer can be adapted to the requirements of the application. By means of the vent and drain plugs the screwed y-type strainer can be depressurized. After removing the strainer cover the basket can be taken off the housing and then be cleaned or exchanged.
It is possible to install the screwed y-type strainer in both horizontal and vertical position without any effect on its performance.
- reasonable strainer
- easy installation into the pipe
- standard types available from stock
- permanent filtration of the medium
- suitable for mounting in horizontal and vertical pipelines
- no disassemble of the filter housing for cleaning is necessary
- simple handling / basket cleansing
- reusable elements
- contamination level indicator (optional)